The rarest coat colors in alpaca world are black and white.
Black and white alpacas are the rarest and most expensive alpacas that can be obtained.
- Their wool sells for 450 G each (the highest in the game).
- The alpacas can also be sold for a very high price relative to alpacas of other colors of the same level.
They also have the highest battle stats:
- Baby Alpacas with pure Black fur will have the maximum base Attack - 49 points for level 1.
- Baby Alpacas with pure Black skin have the maximum base Defence - 49 points for level 1.
- Baby Alpacas with pure White fur have the highest base M. Attack - 49 points for level 1.
- Baby Alpacas with pure White skin have the highest base M. Defence - 49 points for level 1.
For these reasons, an ideal farm would be completely made up of black/white fur alpacas.
Originally, it was thought that Black alpacas came from Black Hill and White alpacas from White Hill. However, this has been proven otherwise - it is possible to encounter a Black or White alpaca in other hills, although this is extremely rare. It is also rumored that Black alpacas may be more commonly found in Magenta hill than other places (other than Black Hill, of course).
[[File:Black Alpaca at Magenta Hill.png|thumb|258x258px|Black Alpaca at Magenta Hill]
Are you wondering how to know if your alpaca is a black alpaca or a white alpaca? See Awesome gallery of black and white alpacas for how to tell the colour of your alpaca.